Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Frontline: Merchants of Cool

After seeing this video, I thought to myself that all of the "cool" things that I bought into in high school were all things that were not anything that I particularly liked. I made myself like these "cool" products just to fit in.

Today, I don't have a certain following of "cool" things to abide. Everything I have an interest in comes from an enthusiasts' viewpoint. For instance, I have been interested in cars all my life. In the past several years, I've taken my interest from collecting model cars to doing more substantial stuff such as buying an old car and restoring it.

In high school, Abercrombie & Fitch was the big thing. Today, I have a high level self-esteem that I didn't have when I was in my teenage years. People don't judge me by what I wear. They judge me for who I am. I don't have to wear A&F just to be status quo.

I can comfortably go out wearing sweats (or shorts) & a t-shirt today not have to be judged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home