Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Glengarry Glen Ross

Hmm...what can I say about this play?

I hope I'm not the only person when it comes to saying that I was somewhat lost throughout the entire play. The fact that there was some sort of unethical actions occurring within the play was my only clear understanding.

The characters fit themselves every well. Their behaviors & their acting for that matter could easily be labeled as 'over the top' and the amount of expletives used can easily have been filtered. I was not offended by any means, but I think the context & acting was just too much.

Overall however, I can say that the message that the play conveyed is similar to which people live their lives everyday. Making ethical decisions is a part of our daily rituals and at certain times, we come across a phenomena that can either resolve our dilemma or improve our finances, but it comes at the cost of another person facing a troublesome situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home